"HANDSOME, CLEVER AND RICH"
Jane Austen is an incredible woman author for me. She wrote many books at difficult time for her to write. She told many stories about love, friendship and life in England . She wrote her stories with a very strong and beautiful wording so she lives in our era and she will live in the future. Two of her books represent the opposite personality of two characters. “Sense and Sensibility” tells the story of two sisters. They have very different personalities. One of them lives her mind and thoughts and the other one lives her heart and her feelings. And of course, “Pride and Prejudice”. This one is the most famous novel of Austen. I think the reason of this case is a movie. Even though most people don't read the novel, they watch the movie because watching the movie is easier than reading the book. On the other hand, Autsen told some stories depent some places. For example Northanger Abbey and Mansfield Park. Her other books’ names are Persuasion and Emma but my favourite book is Emma. Why?
In my opinion, Emma is the best book of Austen. She created many characters but all of them are very good and realistic. In other words, we can see these characters in our lives. For example we have some annoying and very talkative neighbors even this time like Miss Bates from Emma or we have some friends which sometimes they are a teacher for us and sometimes they are a student for us. In addition some characters are very familiar for us such as Jane Fairfax, Frank Churchill or Mr. Woodhouse. Also Jane Austen mentions selfish and arrogant people with Mr. Elton and his wife Mrs. Elton.
Emma is a very fluent novel. When I took my hands Emma, I couldn't leave it. I read it hours and hours. I love characters, dialogues of the book, description of all places and of course I love development of characters. Especially Emma’s. Emma was a beautiful, clever and rich young woman so she thought she didn't need to marry because at that age the majority of the girls married for money. Emma was already a wealthy girl and she didn't love anyone because of her arrogance so she didn't want to get married.
“Were I to fall in love, indeed, it would be a different thing; but I have never been in love ; it is not my way, or my nature; and I do not think I ever shall.”
She loved to hear just compliments from handsome and rich men and she loved to be the most beautiful girl in all places. So just that reason she was jealous toward Jane Fairfax and the other girls. Especially Jane Fairfax because she was a very talented girl and she had a very beautiful voice and she was very kind and elegant. She gets worse by time because she supposed she fell in love with Frank Churchill so she became more jealous and more rude toward everyone. She hurt everyone's heart but she understood for her mistakes by time with Mr. Knightley.
Mr. Knightley was a handsome, rich and intelligent man but he wasn't rude or arrogant like Emma. He was very thoughtful to Emma and also all people around him. Sometimes Emma and Knightley argue and he blames Emma about her mistakes so Emma didn't like him. I think I like their scenes because Austen wrote a very realistic and good relationship. Especially their argument scenes. When I read their argument scenes, I read six or seven pages. Even though Emma had a bad personality, she was a very strong, depended and intelligent girl. Of course everything changed at the end of the book. They fell in love with each other and she got a better personality.
“If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.”
Emma has a movie too. Of course it is not as good as the novel but it has very aesthetic scenes and I loved them. The Actors were very good. I think it was a pretty nice movie but it wasn't as meaningful as the book. It couldn't describe some relationship or characters and sometimes it couldn't be emotional like in the book. But if anyone reads the novel, he/she should watch the movie to compare each other.



I liked your description of how she makes characters relatable for us, and I also think that that is one of her great achievements.
YanıtlaSilThank you Sir :) She has many successes about literature. Anyone reading Austen can find themselves at her books.
SilI don't like literature but I will watch that for you.
YanıtlaSilThank you, I hope you enjoy it :)
SilVery interesting books. I will research these books. Thanks for information.
YanıtlaSilAlso your blog is really like library.
SilThanks:)
Sili am so happy because this book and film are very interesting. i want to read the book and watch the film but i must wait because i haven't book and firstly i want read the book then watch a film
YanıtlaSilI hope, you read it. Thank you for comment :)
SilI like it and I love Anya Taylor- Joy's acting. I guess I'll be one of those watching :)
YanıtlaSilI love your blog more than other's blog. I love literature and I love watchng movie so, you give me beautiful choices and I understand your opinion when I read your amazing article. I really love your beautiful article, you are so talented about write. I support you. Keep writing great articles. I am fan of you.💕💕💕
YanıtlaSilThaaaank yooou ♡♡
Sil